These three talks deal with the Lord's supper in the life of Jesus and in two of the early Christian communities.
Talk 1: The Lord's supper - What happened and what did it mean? This is an attempt to put together historically what the final meal of Jesus with his disciples meant in the context of Jesus proclamation, ministry and calling as a prophet.
Talk 2: The Lord's supper - What was going wrong at Corinth and can we learn for today? The earliest account of the Lord's supper comes not from a Gospel but from the pen of St Paul. Naturally, there is a context within the culture of the time and the development of the community.
Talk 3: Why no Lord's supper at the last supper? John 6 and 13. Surprisingly, the fourth Gospel does have a last supper but no Lord's supper. Why is that and does it tell us anything about our current practice of the Eucharist?
Recorded live in Dublin, Ireland.
Kieran J. O'Mahony is an Augustinian friar and a scripture scholar.
1. Select/click on the product you wish to buy in Digital Downloads
2. Click on the Pay/Buy icon
3. Fill in your payment details.
4. You will then receive email confirmation of your purchase and your audio files which will go directly to your email address.
5. Click on the “File” and it will automatically download to your Downloads folder, ready to play. Enjoy!!