A seven talk series recorded live in Ireland with Sr Meg Funk.
Sister Mary Margaret Funk OSB turns to the wisdom of the desert fathers for the means of removing obstacles to spiritual growth, which include thoughts of food, sex, possessions, anger, dejection, and pride, among other preoccupations. Redirecting thought away from such weeds in the garden of the spirit can lead to a greater awareness of God. This somewhat Zen-like method to mental discipline may seem impossible at first, Funk admits, but those who succeed at it are rewarded with a liberating experience as they come to observe and control individual thought processes. Drawing on the writings of the 5th Century monk John Cassian, Funk goes on to explore deeply using such tools as memory, imagination, and rational thinking--tools right out of early Christianity--to work on inner healing. She also explains how other positive tools, such as ceaseless prayer, manual labour, and isolation, may lead to uncluttering the mind and purifying the heart. Worthy guidance for contemplative spiritual seekers.
Recorded live so some questions from the floor may not be too clear!
1. Select/click on the product you wish to buy in Digital Downloads
2. Click on the Pay/Buy icon
3. Fill in your payment details.
4. You will then receive email confirmation of your purchase and your audio files which will go directly to your email address.
5. Click on the “File” and it will automatically download to your Downloads folder, ready to play. Enjoy!!